Skip to main content
Herrington Harbour Sailing Association
Promoting sailing in Herring Bay, MD



Racing Discussions

Help Needed
Author Last Post
That is wonderful, thank you. Les all RC equipment is on Amara at North. Please get in touch with me so I can hand it over. My cell is 301 536 8040.

Racers who want to practice, Gaia is RC. Gaia will communicate further through this forum regarding the weather
 
Gaia volunteers for Race Comittee Sat.

 My crew could use that “hands on RC training” 

Thanks much for taking care of the marks and double duty RC for a beatiful evening with enough wind make it exciting and fun. 


From: "Racing Discussions" <racing_discussions@hhsa.org>
Date: Thursday, April 25, 2019 at 18:29:18
To: "Folio, Les (NIH/CC/DRD) [E]" <les.folio@nih.gov>
Subject: re: Help Needed <<$229074632395$>>

All

Yesterday Wednesday we (Amara) did put Mark A in the water and served as RC. We did manage to put a few starts in for the 6 boats who came for that practice: Gaia, Liberty Prevails, Resilient, Spirit, Tuanis and Whoosh. It was a gorgeous evening but unfortunately the wind died down so we could not do the short windward/leeward we were hoping for. It was good to be on the water though.

Albert (Bert) Bossar (Allegiant) correctly asks about this Saturday's practice race: "looking at the weather, what will be the RC's threshold for canceling SAT given potential gale force weather?" Well we do not have a volunteer to RC for Saturday. So everyone should look at the weather and make their own decision whether they want to go out to practice or not. For those who decide to go out, talk to each other on channel 68, and you may want to train rabbit starts in the vicinity of A.

I (Amara) was planning on spending Saturday putting B and C in the water, but if the forecast holds true, I will not be able to do that. Sunday morning looks better but I don't have crew. If someone could come and help me, that would be fantastic. I will be at the new members breakfast on Saturday morning.
 
All

Yesterday Wednesday we (Amara) did put Mark A in the water and served as RC. We did manage to put a few starts in for the 6 boats who came for that practice: Gaia, Liberty Prevails, Resilient, Spirit, Tuanis and Whoosh. It was a gorgeous evening but unfortunately the wind died down so we could not do the short windward/leeward we were hoping for. It was good to be on the water though.

Albert (Bert) Bossar (Allegiant) correctly asks about this Saturday's practice race: "looking at the weather, what will be the RC's threshold for canceling SAT given potential gale force weather?" Well we do not have a volunteer to RC for Saturday. So everyone should look at the weather and make their own decision whether they want to go out to practice or not. For those who decide to go out, talk to each other on channel 68, and you may want to train rabbit starts in the vicinity of A.

I (Amara) was planning on spending Saturday putting B and C in the water, but if the forecast holds true, I will not be able to do that. Sunday morning looks better but I don't have crew. If someone could come and help me, that would be fantastic. I will be at the new members breakfast on Saturday morning.
 
Thanks for trying. A is in. All marks will be in by next Wednesday

On Apr 24, 2019 4:47 PM, Racing Discussions <racing_discussions@hhsa.org> wrote:
Michel
I have been unsuccessful in getting a crew together for this Sat
So I will not be able to set B and C mark and RC duty
Jim Murtland
Avalon

Sent from my iPhone

> On Apr 22, 2019, at 16:01, Racing Discussions <racing_discussions@hhsa.org> wrote:
>
>
>
>
> Congrats on the engine! A good thing to have
> Bloody Point May 18 Race 6 Series 1, June 5
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: Racing Discussions <racing_discussions@hhsa.org>
> To: jichgag@aol.com <jichgag@aol.com>
> Sent: Mon, Apr 22, 2019 3:37 pm
> Subject: re: Help Needed <<$228834074548$>>
>
> Michel , we have a running motor so I can commit to RC now Let me know what dates u may need me so I can line up a crew sooner the better so I can query my crew
> Jim Murtland Avalon 703-328-2503 cell 703-808-3535 work
>
> From: mailer@mail2.clubexpress.com <mailer@mail2.clubexpress.com> on behalf of Racing Discussions <racing_discussions@hhsa.org>
> Sent: Monday, April 22, 2019 12:32 PM
> To: Firewater202@hotmail.com
> Subject: Help Needed <<$228817387389$>>
>
>
> All
>
> It is time to put the marks in the water. As discussed I am planning on dropping Mark A this Wednesday and serve as RC for this practice race. It will be limited to several starts and a short race not involving B and C, weather and time permitting.
>
>
> B and C need to be dropped this weekend for the second practice race (no race committee volunteer yet, Amara may do that again although I may have crew issues). Can someone take one mark and put it in place? That would be great, I will take care of the other one.
>
> Also remember that Ted is hosting the new member breakfast so come by and say hello on Saturday morning, before heading to your boat.
>
>
> Thanks
>
> Michel
>
>
>
>
>
>>> --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------<<
> You have received this message as a member of: Herrington Harbour Sailing Association
> Change preferences (including opt-out): https://HHSA.clubexpress.com/content.aspx?page_id=13&club_id=8237. Click on 'Forum Memberships' to change your settings for this forum, or 'Forum General Preferences' for all forums.
>
>

 
Michel
I have been unsuccessful in getting a crew together for this Sat
So I will not be able to set B and C mark and RC duty
Jim Murtland
Avalon

Sent from my iPhone

> On Apr 22, 2019, at 16:01, Racing Discussions <racing_discussions@hhsa.org> wrote:
>
>
>
>
> Congrats on the engine! A good thing to have
> Bloody Point May 18 Race 6 Series 1, June 5
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: Racing Discussions <racing_discussions@hhsa.org>
> To: jichgag@aol.com <jichgag@aol.com>
> Sent: Mon, Apr 22, 2019 3:37 pm
> Subject: re: Help Needed <<$228834074548$>>
>
> Michel , we have a running motor so I can commit to RC now Let me know what dates u may need me so I can line up a crew sooner the better so I can query my crew
> Jim Murtland Avalon 703-328-2503 cell 703-808-3535 work
>
> From: mailer@mail2.clubexpress.com <mailer@mail2.clubexpress.com> on behalf of Racing Discussions <racing_discussions@hhsa.org>
> Sent: Monday, April 22, 2019 12:32 PM
> To: Firewater202@hotmail.com
> Subject: Help Needed <<$228817387389$>>
>
>
> All
>
> It is time to put the marks in the water. As discussed I am planning on dropping Mark A this Wednesday and serve as RC for this practice race. It will be limited to several starts and a short race not involving B and C, weather and time permitting.
>
>
> B and C need to be dropped this weekend for the second practice race (no race committee volunteer yet, Amara may do that again although I may have crew issues). Can someone take one mark and put it in place? That would be great, I will take care of the other one.
>
> Also remember that Ted is hosting the new member breakfast so come by and say hello on Saturday morning, before heading to your boat.
>
>
> Thanks
>
> Michel
>
>
>
>
>
>>> --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------<<
> You have received this message as a member of: Herrington Harbour Sailing Association
> Change preferences (including opt-out): https://HHSA.clubexpress.com/content.aspx?page_id=13&club_id=8237. Click on 'Forum Memberships' to change your settings for this forum, or 'Forum General Preferences' for all forums.
>
>
 
Ok I’ll pencil me in for those two dates
May 18th Bloody Point race
And
June 5th Series 1 Race 6
Jim Murtland
Avalon

Still trying to get a crew for This Sat



Sent from my iPhone

> On Apr 22, 2019, at 16:01, Racing Discussions <racing_discussions@hhsa.org> wrote:
>
>
>
>
> Congrats on the engine! A good thing to have
> Bloody Point May 18 Race 6 Series 1, June 5
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: Racing Discussions <racing_discussions@hhsa.org>
> To: jichgag@aol.com <jichgag@aol.com>
> Sent: Mon, Apr 22, 2019 3:37 pm
> Subject: re: Help Needed <<$228834074548$>>
>
> Michel , we have a running motor so I can commit to RC now Let me know what dates u may need me so I can line up a crew sooner the better so I can query my crew
> Jim Murtland Avalon 703-328-2503 cell 703-808-3535 work
>
> From: mailer@mail2.clubexpress.com <mailer@mail2.clubexpress.com> on behalf of Racing Discussions <racing_discussions@hhsa.org>
> Sent: Monday, April 22, 2019 12:32 PM
> To: Firewater202@hotmail.com
> Subject: Help Needed <<$228817387389$>>
>
>
> All
>
> It is time to put the marks in the water. As discussed I am planning on dropping Mark A this Wednesday and serve as RC for this practice race. It will be limited to several starts and a short race not involving B and C, weather and time permitting.
>
>
> B and C need to be dropped this weekend for the second practice race (no race committee volunteer yet, Amara may do that again although I may have crew issues). Can someone take one mark and put it in place? That would be great, I will take care of the other one.
>
> Also remember that Ted is hosting the new member breakfast so come by and say hello on Saturday morning, before heading to your boat.
>
>
> Thanks
>
> Michel
>
>
>
>
>
>>> --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------<<
> You have received this message as a member of: Herrington Harbour Sailing Association
> Change preferences (including opt-out): https://HHSA.clubexpress.com/content.aspx?page_id=13&club_id=8237. Click on 'Forum Memberships' to change your settings for this forum, or 'Forum General Preferences' for all forums.
>
>
 
That is going to be a few boat units
Sorry to hear that Ted
Thanks for the offer if your boat was felling better
Jim Murtland

Sent from my iPhone

> On Apr 22, 2019, at 16:44, Racing Discussions <racing_discussions@hhsa.org> wrote:
>
>
>
>
> Ouch, very sorry to hear.
> On Apr 22, 2019 4:30 PM, Racing Discussions <racing_discussions@hhsa.org> wrote:
> I would volunteer to place marks B and C, but Zalek is in sick bay for the foreseeable future. I discovered a fuel tank leak two weeks ago which was confirmed by AR Diesel. The tank needs to be replaced which requires cutting out the cockpit floor, removing the old black iron tank, getting a new tank made, installing the new tank, and reinstalling the cockpit floor. Schedule and cost TBD. At the present I am hoping to be in the water in time to be RC for the Women’s regatta.
>
> Ted
>
>> On Apr 22, 2019, at 12:32 PM, Racing Discussions <racing_discussions@hhsa.org> wrote:
>>
>>
>>
>>
>> All
>>
>> It is time to put the marks in the water. As discussed I am planning on dropping Mark A this Wednesday and serve as RC for this practice race. It will be limited to several starts and a short race not involving B and C, weather and time permitting.
>>
>>
>> B and C need to be dropped this weekend for the second practice race (no race committee volunteer yet, Amara may do that again although I may have crew issues). Can someone take one mark and put it in place? That would be great, I will take care of the other one.
>>
>> Also remember that Ted is hosting the new member breakfast so come by and say hello on Saturday morning, before heading to your boat.
>>
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> Michel
>>
>>
>>>> --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------<<
>> You have received this message as a member of: Herrington Harbour Sailing Association
>> Change preferences (including opt-out): https://HHSA.clubexpress.com/content.aspx?page_id=13&club_id=8237. Click on 'Forum Memberships' to change your settings for this forum, or 'Forum General Preferences' for all forums.
>>
>>
>
>
>
>
>>> --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------<<
> You have received this message as a member of: Herrington Harbour Sailing Association
> Change preferences (including opt-out): https://HHSA.clubexpress.com/content.aspx?page_id=13&club_id=8237. Click on 'Forum Memberships' to change your settings for this forum, or 'Forum General Preferences' for all forums.
>
>
 
Ouch, very sorry to hear.

On Apr 22, 2019 4:30 PM, Racing Discussions <racing_discussions@hhsa.org> wrote:
I would volunteer to place marks B and C, but Zalek is in sick bay for the foreseeable future. I discovered a fuel tank leak two weeks ago which was confirmed by AR Diesel. The tank needs to be replaced which requires cutting out the cockpit floor, removing the old black iron tank, getting a new tank made, installing the new tank, and reinstalling the cockpit floor. Schedule and cost TBD. At the present I am hoping to be in the water in time to be RC for the Women’s regatta.

Ted

> On Apr 22, 2019, at 12:32 PM, Racing Discussions <racing_discussions@hhsa.org> wrote:
>
>
>
>
> All
>
> It is time to put the marks in the water. As discussed I am planning on dropping Mark A this Wednesday and serve as RC for this practice race. It will be limited to several starts and a short race not involving B and C, weather and time permitting.
>
>
> B and C need to be dropped this weekend for the second practice race (no race committee volunteer yet, Amara may do that again although I may have crew issues). Can someone take one mark and put it in place? That would be great, I will take care of the other one.
>
> Also remember that Ted is hosting the new member breakfast so come by and say hello on Saturday morning, before heading to your boat.
>
>
> Thanks
>
> Michel
>
>
>>> --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------<<
> You have received this message as a member of: Herrington Harbour Sailing Association
> Change preferences (including opt-out): https://HHSA.clubexpress.com/content.aspx?page_id=13&club_id=8237. Click on 'Forum Memberships' to change your settings for this forum, or 'Forum General Preferences' for all forums.
>
>

 
I would volunteer to place marks B and C, but Zalek is in sick bay for the foreseeable future. I discovered a fuel tank leak two weeks ago which was confirmed by AR Diesel. The tank needs to be replaced which requires cutting out the cockpit floor, removing the old black iron tank, getting a new tank made, installing the new tank, and reinstalling the cockpit floor. Schedule and cost TBD. At the present I am hoping to be in the water in time to be RC for the Women’s regatta.

Ted

> On Apr 22, 2019, at 12:32 PM, Racing Discussions <racing_discussions@hhsa.org> wrote:
>
>
>
>
> All
>
> It is time to put the marks in the water. As discussed I am planning on dropping Mark A this Wednesday and serve as RC for this practice race. It will be limited to several starts and a short race not involving B and C, weather and time permitting.
>
>
> B and C need to be dropped this weekend for the second practice race (no race committee volunteer yet, Amara may do that again although I may have crew issues). Can someone take one mark and put it in place? That would be great, I will take care of the other one.
>
> Also remember that Ted is hosting the new member breakfast so come by and say hello on Saturday morning, before heading to your boat.
>
>
> Thanks
>
> Michel
>
>
>>> --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------<<
> You have received this message as a member of: Herrington Harbour Sailing Association
> Change preferences (including opt-out): https://HHSA.clubexpress.com/content.aspx?page_id=13&club_id=8237. Click on 'Forum Memberships' to change your settings for this forum, or 'Forum General Preferences' for all forums.
>
>
 
Congrats on the engine!  A good thing to have

Bloody Point May 18
Race 6 Series 1, June 5


-----Original Message-----
From: Racing Discussions <racing_discussions@hhsa.org>
To: jichgag@aol.com <jichgag@aol.com>
Sent: Mon, Apr 22, 2019 3:37 pm
Subject: re: Help Needed <<$228834074548$>>

Michel , we have a running motor so I can commit to RC now
Let me know what dates u may need me so I can line up a crew
sooner the better so I can query my crew

Jim Murtland
Avalon
703-328-2503 cell
703-808-3535 work 


From: mailer@mail2.clubexpress.com <mailer@mail2.clubexpress.com> on behalf of Racing Discussions <racing_discussions@hhsa.org>
Sent: Monday, April 22, 2019 12:32 PM
To: Firewater202@hotmail.com
Subject: Help Needed <<$228817387389$>>
 



All

It is time to put the marks in the water.  As discussed I am planning on dropping Mark A this Wednesday and serve as RC for this practice race.  It will be limited to several starts and a short race not involving B and C, weather and time permitting.


B and C need to be dropped this weekend for the second practice race (no race committee volunteer yet, Amara may do that again although I may have crew issues).  Can someone take one mark and put it in place?  That would be great, I will take care of the other one.

Also remember that Ted is hosting the new member breakfast so come by and say hello on Saturday morning, before heading to your boat.


Thanks

Michel


 
Michel , we have a running motor so I can commit to RC now
Let me know what dates u may need me so I can line up a crew
sooner the better so I can query my crew

Jim Murtland
Avalon
703-328-2503 cell
703-808-3535 work 


From: mailer@mail2.clubexpress.com <mailer@mail2.clubexpress.com> on behalf of Racing Discussions <racing_discussions@hhsa.org>
Sent: Monday, April 22, 2019 12:32 PM
To: Firewater202@hotmail.com
Subject: Help Needed <<$228817387389$>>
 



All

It is time to put the marks in the water.  As discussed I am planning on dropping Mark A this Wednesday and serve as RC for this practice race.  It will be limited to several starts and a short race not involving B and C, weather and time permitting.


B and C need to be dropped this weekend for the second practice race (no race committee volunteer yet, Amara may do that again although I may have crew issues).  Can someone take one mark and put it in place?  That would be great, I will take care of the other one.

Also remember that Ted is hosting the new member breakfast so come by and say hello on Saturday morning, before heading to your boat.


Thanks

Michel


 
All

It is time to put the marks in the water. As discussed I am planning on dropping Mark A this Wednesday and serve as RC for this practice race. It will be limited to several starts and a short race not involving B and C, weather and time permitting.


B and C need to be dropped this weekend for the second practice race (no race committee volunteer yet, Amara may do that again although I may have crew issues). Can someone take one mark and put it in place? That would be great, I will take care of the other one.

Also remember that Ted is hosting the new member breakfast so come by and say hello on Saturday morning, before heading to your boat.


Thanks

Michel
 
Return to Forum


Upcoming Events
Upcoming Events