Skip to main content
Herrington Harbour Sailing Association
Promoting sailing in Herring Bay, MD



Racing Discussions

Sat May 18th RC is Avalon
Author Last Post
Amara is still here!

On May 18, 2019 11:45 AM, Racing Discussions <racing_discussions@hhsa.org> wrote:
Gaia is in, if the wind keeps up (looks like 6 kn here, similar to Thomas Point observation. 
If wind dies as models show, we convert to a Booze cruise. 


From: "Racing Discussions" <racing_discussions@hhsa.org>
Date: Saturday, May 18, 2019 at 09:07:21
To: "Folio, Les (NIH/CC/DRD) [E]" <les.folio@nih.gov>
Subject: re: Sat May 18th RC is Avalon <<$230679869292$>>

Cantata will be out.  Sailflow has the 2:00 wind at 3 kts and not improving until after 5:00.  Doesn't look good.

Hank

On Fri, May 17, 2019 at 9:42 PM Racing Discussions <racing_discussions@hhsa.org> wrote:
Predictwind has 8 at 1 pm, dying down by 3. Maybe we get lucky

On May 17, 2019 8:35 PM, Racing Discussions <racing_discussions@hhsa.org> wrote:
Good luck winds are not looking good
Light 5 kts
Jim Murtland

Sent from my iPhone

> On May 17, 2019, at 18:08, Racing Discussions <racing_discussions@hhsa.org> wrote:
>
>
>
>
> I will be on Delirium, so LP will not be racing unless Ted can get a crew together.
>
> Eunice
>
>
>>> --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------<<
> You have received this message as a member of: Herrington Harbour Sailing Association
> Change preferences (including opt-out): https://HHSA.clubexpress.com/content.aspx?page_id=13&club_id=8237. Click on 'Forum Memberships' to change your settings for this forum, or 'Forum General Preferences' for all forums.
>
>


 
Spirit is sailing! 

Tom & Mary
 
Gaia is in, if the wind keeps up (looks like 6 kn here, similar to Thomas Point observation. 
If wind dies as models show, we convert to a Booze cruise. 


From: "Racing Discussions" <racing_discussions@hhsa.org>
Date: Saturday, May 18, 2019 at 09:07:21
To: "Folio, Les (NIH/CC/DRD) [E]" <les.folio@nih.gov>
Subject: re: Sat May 18th RC is Avalon <<$230679869292$>>

Cantata will be out.  Sailflow has the 2:00 wind at 3 kts and not improving until after 5:00.  Doesn't look good.

Hank

On Fri, May 17, 2019 at 9:42 PM Racing Discussions <racing_discussions@hhsa.org> wrote:
Predictwind has 8 at 1 pm, dying down by 3. Maybe we get lucky

On May 17, 2019 8:35 PM, Racing Discussions <racing_discussions@hhsa.org> wrote:
Good luck winds are not looking good
Light 5 kts
Jim Murtland

Sent from my iPhone

> On May 17, 2019, at 18:08, Racing Discussions <racing_discussions@hhsa.org> wrote:
>
>
>
>
> I will be on Delirium, so LP will not be racing unless Ted can get a crew together.
>
> Eunice
>
>
>>> --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------<<
> You have received this message as a member of: Herrington Harbour Sailing Association
> Change preferences (including opt-out): https://HHSA.clubexpress.com/content.aspx?page_id=13&club_id=8237. Click on 'Forum Memberships' to change your settings for this forum, or 'Forum General Preferences' for all forums.
>
>

 
Cantata will be out.  Sailflow has the 2:00 wind at 3 kts and not improving until after 5:00.  Doesn't look good.

Hank

On Fri, May 17, 2019 at 9:42 PM Racing Discussions <racing_discussions@hhsa.org> wrote:
Predictwind has 8 at 1 pm, dying down by 3. Maybe we get lucky

On May 17, 2019 8:35 PM, Racing Discussions <racing_discussions@hhsa.org> wrote:
Good luck winds are not looking good
Light 5 kts
Jim Murtland

Sent from my iPhone

> On May 17, 2019, at 18:08, Racing Discussions <racing_discussions@hhsa.org> wrote:
>
>
>
>
> I will be on Delirium, so LP will not be racing unless Ted can get a crew together.
>
> Eunice
>
>
>>> --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------<<
> You have received this message as a member of: Herrington Harbour Sailing Association
> Change preferences (including opt-out): https://HHSA.clubexpress.com/content.aspx?page_id=13&club_id=8237. Click on 'Forum Memberships' to change your settings for this forum, or 'Forum General Preferences' for all forums.
>
>

 
Predictwind has 8 at 1 pm, dying down by 3. Maybe we get lucky

On May 17, 2019 8:35 PM, Racing Discussions <racing_discussions@hhsa.org> wrote:
Good luck winds are not looking good
Light 5 kts
Jim Murtland

Sent from my iPhone

> On May 17, 2019, at 18:08, Racing Discussions <racing_discussions@hhsa.org> wrote:
>
>
>
>
> I will be on Delirium, so LP will not be racing unless Ted can get a crew together.
>
> Eunice
>
>
>>> --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------<<
> You have received this message as a member of: Herrington Harbour Sailing Association
> Change preferences (including opt-out): https://HHSA.clubexpress.com/content.aspx?page_id=13&club_id=8237. Click on 'Forum Memberships' to change your settings for this forum, or 'Forum General Preferences' for all forums.
>
>

 
Good luck winds are not looking good
Light 5 kts
Jim Murtland

Sent from my iPhone

> On May 17, 2019, at 18:08, Racing Discussions <racing_discussions@hhsa.org> wrote:
>
>
>
>
> I will be on Delirium, so LP will not be racing unless Ted can get a crew together.
>
> Eunice
>
>
>>> --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------<<
> You have received this message as a member of: Herrington Harbour Sailing Association
> Change preferences (including opt-out): https://HHSA.clubexpress.com/content.aspx?page_id=13&club_id=8237. Click on 'Forum Memberships' to change your settings for this forum, or 'Forum General Preferences' for all forums.
>
>
 
I will be on Delirium, so LP will not be racing unless Ted can get a crew together.

Eunice
 
Spook is planning on it NR.  Hope we have wind .  Wind alert not encouraging to even get a start/drifter.

Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4G LTE Droid
On May 17, 2019 3:48 PM, Racing Discussions <racing_discussions@hhsa.org> wrote:
Amara will be there!

Thanks Jim


-----Original Message-----
From: Racing Discussions <racing_discussions@hhsa.org>
To: jichgag@aol.com <jichgag@aol.com>
Sent: Fri, May 17, 2019 2:52 pm
Subject: re: Sat May 18th RC is Avalon <<$230645772663$>>

Yes,
Beverly I am aware of the disparity between Spin and Non spin and will keep that in mind
Wind predictions and models will certainly dictate a course for all classes.
The chance of the non spin class being sent on the long course is small and I would if the predictions indicate good wind thru out the day / evening
I would query the non spin fleet before sending them on the longer course ( some are a little slower than their competitors ), and I don' t want to have boats unable to finish because of a dying breeze.
I will see you on the water hopefully

Jim Murtland
Avalon



From: mailer@mail2.clubexpress.com <mailer@mail2.clubexpress.com> on behalf of Racing Discussions <racing_discussions@hhsa.org>
Sent: Friday, May 17, 2019 1:04 PM
To: Firewater202@hotmail.com
Subject: re: Sat May 18th RC is Avalon <<$230638891602$>>



Jim - not sure if you saw my message in the discussion about long v. short course for Spin boats, but a long course for Non-Spin means a greater likelihood of little to no wind near the end of the course, keeping us out there much longer including the RC boat who has to wait for us. I'd love for there to be strong wind for the entire race but I can't recall it ever happening. Appreciate your consideration.

Thank you.
Bev

Bev Wright, Captain/Skipper/Past Commodore
s/v Whoosh (Racing/Cruising)


 
Amara will be there!

Thanks Jim


-----Original Message-----
From: Racing Discussions <racing_discussions@hhsa.org>
To: jichgag@aol.com <jichgag@aol.com>
Sent: Fri, May 17, 2019 2:52 pm
Subject: re: Sat May 18th RC is Avalon <<$230645772663$>>

Yes,
 Beverly I am aware of the disparity between Spin and Non spin and will keep that in mind
Wind predictions and models  will certainly dictate a  course for all classes.
The chance of the non spin class being sent on the long course is small and I would if the predictions indicate good wind thru out the day / evening
I would  query the non spin fleet before sending them on the longer course ( some are a little slower than their competitors ), and I don' t want to have boats unable to finish because of a dying  breeze.
I will see you on the water hopefully

Jim Murtland
Avalon



From: mailer@mail2.clubexpress.com <mailer@mail2.clubexpress.com> on behalf of Racing Discussions <racing_discussions@hhsa.org>
Sent: Friday, May 17, 2019 1:04 PM
To: Firewater202@hotmail.com
Subject: re: Sat May 18th RC is Avalon <<$230638891602$>>
 



Jim - not sure if you saw my message in the discussion about long v. short course for Spin boats, but a long course for Non-Spin means a greater likelihood of little to no wind near the end of the course, keeping us out there much longer including the RC boat who has to wait for us.  I'd love for there to be strong wind for the entire race but I can't recall it ever happening.  Appreciate your consideration.

 Thank you.
 Bev

 Bev Wright, Captain/Skipper/Past Commodore
 s/v Whoosh (Racing/Cruising)


 
Yes,
 Beverly I am aware of the disparity between Spin and Non spin and will keep that in mind
Wind predictions and models  will certainly dictate a  course for all classes.
The chance of the non spin class being sent on the long course is small and I would if the predictions indicate good wind thru out the day / evening
I would  query the non spin fleet before sending them on the longer course ( some are a little slower than their competitors ), and I don' t want to have boats unable to finish because of a dying  breeze.
I will see you on the water hopefully

Jim Murtland
Avalon



From: mailer@mail2.clubexpress.com <mailer@mail2.clubexpress.com> on behalf of Racing Discussions <racing_discussions@hhsa.org>
Sent: Friday, May 17, 2019 1:04 PM
To: Firewater202@hotmail.com
Subject: re: Sat May 18th RC is Avalon <<$230638891602$>>
 



Jim - not sure if you saw my message in the discussion about long v. short course for Spin boats, but a long course for Non-Spin means a greater likelihood of little to no wind near the end of the course, keeping us out there much longer including the RC boat who has to wait for us.  I'd love for there to be strong wind for the entire race but I can't recall it ever happening.  Appreciate your consideration.

 Thank you.
 Bev

 Bev Wright, Captain/Skipper/Past Commodore
 s/v Whoosh (Racing/Cruising)


 
Jim - not sure if you saw my message in the discussion about long v. short course for Spin boats, but a long course for Non-Spin means a greater likelihood of little to no wind near the end of the course, keeping us out there much longer including the RC boat who has to wait for us.  I'd love for there to be strong wind for the entire race but I can't recall it ever happening.  Appreciate your consideration.

Thank you.
Bev


Bev Wright, Captain/Skipper/Past Commodore
s/v Whoosh (Racing/Cruising)
 
Racers, Race committee for May 18th is Avalon weather is suppose to be great.
Hopeful wind will be enough to send everybody on a the long course if not we will adjust as necessary
See on the water
Jim Murtland
Avalon
703-328-2503 c 
 
Return to Forum


Upcoming Events
Upcoming Events