Events - Event View
This is the "Event Detail" view, showing all available information for this event.
If the event has passed, click the "Event Report" button to read a report and view photos that were uploaded.
Eleanor Ruth Wilcox Trophy
September 2, 2017, 8:00 AM until September 3, 2017, 5:00 PM
In appreciation of the Eastport Yacht Club promoting the HHSA Women’s Regatta in June 2017, the HHSA is spreading the word about the Eleanor Ruth Willcox Trophy. This trophy will be awarded to the top woman skipper competing in both days of the Annapolis Labor Day Regatta sponsored by the Eastport Yacht Club. The regatta will be held on Saturday, September 2, 2017 and Sunday, September 3, 2017.
The criteria are below.
- A woman shall be at the helm at all times that the boat is racing. A man may drive the boat when the boat is not racing.
- The same woman shall drive the boat for all races in the event.
- The boat and skipper shall compete in a class that races both Saturday and Sunday.
- The boat title may be in the name of a man.
- The boat may be crewed by any combination of women and/or men.
- For the purposes of this award, the woman driver is considered to be the “skipper.”
All regatta information can be found at http://www.eastportyc.org/aldr. Contact Keith Jacobs at email@example.com if you have any questions